Saddler Literary Consultants provides a comprehensive service ranging from general advice about the publishing business to detailed editorial input. Is your idea for a novel or a non-fiction book the kind of thing that will attract a publisher? If so, what could it be worth, and which publisher or publishers would be interested? Do you need to have a literary agent? How do you go about finding one? What sort of stage do you need to be at with your writing to approach a publisher? What does a publisher expect from you and in what form should you give it to them? These and many, many similar questions come up time and again, and we can help you with them all in a variety of different ways that should suit most situations and pockets.
- Proposal or outline writing: don't want to write a full length non-fiction book before finding a publisher? Get us to help you prepare a fantastic proposal or outline to sell your idea and get the deal in place before you start.
- Partial typescript: not sure if a project is worth completing or want a progress report? We can assess a partial typescript and will charge pro rata (see tarrifs) so don't feel you need to slog on to the end before approaching us.
- Full typescript appraisal: we will read your finished typescript and supply you with a written report of at least 5 pages outlining it's merits and demerits, gives editorial suggestions aand assesses its publishing potential in the relevant market.
- Detailed editorial guidance: this is a bespoke service giving ongoing editorial input to help polish and shape a typescript in much more detail than can be given in the appraisal above. A suitable tarriff would be agreed with you before work would begin.
- Personal phone consultation: in certain circumstances it is good to be able to discuss a work in progress over the phone. When this arises we can quote you a fee based on our hourly rate.
- Personal consultation meeting: face to face consultations to discuss work in progress can sometimes be extremely useful. Where geographically possible these can be arranged for a mutually agreed fee which where applicable.